Naperville 203 and the education field’s best researchers believe the purpose of the report card is to communicate students’ progress toward specific standards so teachers, students, and parents can work together to advance student learning. To that end, we are piloting and implementing a standards based reporting system across our schools, beginning in the elementary grades.
A standards-based report card (SBR) provides detailed information of how well students are progressing toward standards in a specific content area. These standards directly align what is being taught and assessed in the classroom. Students are continually assessed on their progress toward mastery.
- 2015-2016 Beebe and Kingsley Elementary field tested the SBR. Feedback was received from teachers and parents that informed revisions.
- 2016-2017 all 14 elementary schools will implement SBR. We will continue to report at trimester and report cards will be sent home electronically. Paper copies of the report card will be available upon request at the school.
Junior High SBR
- 2016-2017 SBR will be piloted at Lincoln and Kennedy Junior Highs 6th grade. Feedback will be collected by trimester that will inform next steps.
- 2016-2017 all junior highs will receive report cards electronically at all grades.
- Feedback will drive next steps after the pilot.